At Broad Ripple Animal Clinic, our approach to canine veterinary medicine revolves around a comprehensive, competent and compassionate care program, aimed at ensuring the highest quality of life for your dog. Perhaps the greatest measure of our success is found in our many happy patients and kind words from our clients. We value the long term relationship we have with many of our clients. Through good communication and trust we have built so many great relationships with our clients which allow us to partner with our clients to provide the best care for their dog. Click here to see some recent feedback from our clients.
This dedication to service is why our practice has become so well known and respected across the dog vet industry. Since 1985 our veterinary clinic has been among the top 15% of hospitals in the US that are accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association. Our practice was also selected by Arthur Anderson Consulting as one of the top 52 veterinary hospitals in the United States. We have also received the Angie’s List Super Service Award 10 of the last 11 years.
A Comprehensive Approach To Canine Veterinary Medicine
We understand that a dog veterinarian is only as good as his or her ability to successfully prevent, diagnose and treat every illness or ailment your dog could face during its lifetime. Equally as important is our ability to listen and communicate well with owners to make sure they understand their dog’s health concerns and how to make the best choices for their dog. This is why our dog hospital is capable of handling any procedure including preventive care, medical diagnosis and emergency surgery.
We specialize in the following dog health services for dogs of all ages, breeds and circumstances—all of which can be performed at our dog hospital:
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine and knowledge to ensure your dog stays as safe as possible while under anesthesia
- Behavior Services: Your dog’s behavior is not completely genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Cancer Treatment: Our communicative, community approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your dog
- Cardiology: Our first rate facilities, equipment and professional knowledge gets to the heart of your dog’s health and wellness matters
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your dog’s dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Dermatology: Our expertise means diagnosing and treating your dog’s skin conditions before they become something more than skin deep
- Educational Services: We love helping dogs so much, that we love to help people of all ages and backgrounds learn more about it
- Electrocardiography: Our facilities, equipment and technological expertise allows us to perform EKG’s and other non-invasive procedures
- Emergency Care: We are able to manage any emergency care your dog may need during our office hours
- Endoscopy: An important piece of equipment used to diagnose intestinal ailments and can also be used to remove foreign objects from your dog’s stomach and throat area
- Eye Care: Our professional experience and knowledge of ophthomology will help keep your dog’s eyes healthy
- Flea & Tick: We employ various safe and effective preventive or flea & tick treatment methods for your dog’s health and comfort
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education and medical prevention, as well as treatment for your dog
- House Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics or treatment for your dog
- Internal Medicine: Our doctors experience in dealing with internal medicine and our facilities allow us to diagnose and treat all types of endocrine and gastrointestinal disease for your dog’s wellbeing
- Laparoscopic Surgery: This equipment allows us to perform less invasive and safer surgeries for your dog.
- Laser Therapy: We are able to customize our pain protocols to include laser for arthritis, other inflammatory conditions and postoperative pain control
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your dog in case he or she ever gets lost, stolen or separated from you
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness and dietary intervention programs can help ensure your dog stays healthy and fit
- Pain Management: We specialize in customized, effective and compassionate pain management for your dog regardless of age, ability or condition
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program helps you make sure your dog remains healthy and well year round
- Puppy Care: We will partner with your to make sure your puppy has the best care and you have all the information our need to care for your new family member.
- Radiology: We have on-site, X-ray equipment and technicians to to aid in a quick, painless diagnosis of your dog’s medical problem.
- Pregnancy: Our extensive experience can help your dog have a successful pregnancy, as well as a happy, healthy litter of puppies
- Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams are key to staying on top of chronic health issues and getting ahead of problems that may be developing
- Senior Care: Our comprehensive senior care protocols and procedures helps you to help your dog age gracefully, healthily and happily
- Spay or Neuter: Our refined pre surgical, surgical and post op care will provide your dog with the safest and most comfortable surgical procedure
- Stem Cell Therapy: Regenerative, or stem cell medicine can make the difference in your dog’s life for many diseases and illnesses
- Surgery: Our facilities, expert surgeons and technicians will make sure your dog is cared for before, during and after surgery.
- Ultrasound: A noninvasive tool to aid in visualizing structures in the abdomen and chest to provide a safe, pain free diagnosis.
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians and techs will customize vaccination protocols that account for your dog’s age, medical history, environment, travel habits and lifestyle
An Emphasis On Dog Nutrition
At Broad Ripple Animal Clinic you will find that our veterinarians and staff place an emphasis on the importance of proper nutrition for all phases of your dog’s life. Whether your dog is a puppy, adolescent, adult or senior, each stage of dog’s life comes with some special nutritional considerations.
Our veterinarians are here to help you understand your dog’s nutritional needs, including:
- The best canned or kibble diet for the breed, age and activity level
- Items ok to add to your dog’s food - ie some cooked veggies
- Healthy dog snacks
- What to avoid feeding your dog
We can also help create a custom dog nutrition program taking into consideration things like breed, age, size, physical fitness, allergies and medical conditions. As with humans, proper dog nutrition can be both preventive and sometimes curative, as a balanced diet is essential for both supporting and maintaining optimal health. Of course, your dog cannot choose his or her own diet, and therefore the burden of making good health choices is on you. Understanding the nutritional needs of your dog is an important part of your responsibility to ensure they lead and healthy and happy life for many years to come.
Dog Surgery Options When Necessary
An important aspect of operating a dog hospital is being fully equipped and prepared to perform dog surgery for all kinds of situations. We realize that no one wants to think about their dog needing surgery, however if such an unfortunate situation arises, rest assured that Broad Ripple Animal Clinic is well prepared to guide you and your dog through:
- Pre-Surgery Protocols
- Surgical Procedures
- Post op pain management and nursing care
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Dogs
Our veterinarians, technicians, assistants and front staff work together to provide both you and your dog with a compassionate and professional experience. From the initial phone call it is our goal to make sure you feel that your concerns are addressed, you are well informed, and that your dog receives the best care.
How To Schedule Your Dog’s Next Vet Appointment
Scheduling an appointment with one of our dog vets is as easy as picking up the phone, or sending us an email. Our staff is here to help make your trip to the vet as easy as possible for you, and enjoyable your canine companion.
Contact us today to schedule your dog vet appointment!